UPDATE: We are currently reviewing applications (resume and cover letter) on a rolling basis. However, we prefer to receive applications by October 11th.
CIRCLE, is seeking a full-time Researcher to conduct research and to help manage some of CIRCLE’s research and evaluation projects. Reporting to the Director of CIRCLE and based on the Medford/Somerville Tufts University Campus, the Researcher will work as part of the CIRCLE team on CIRCLE products and activities. The Researcher will also interact with a larger group of colleagues at Tisch College, and will be expected to participate in various college-wide initiatives such as college-wide events and assistance with student program evaluations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serving as an Researcher on a range of research projects that may include secondary data-analysis, literature reviews, field experiments, program evaluations and other original data collection (via survey or other methods)
- Curating and preparing datasets of various sizes and formats for research use
- Producing reports, fact sheets and press releases on timely and relevant topics, often in close collaboration with CIRCLE colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of relevant experience in a team-oriented, deadline driven, dynamic, client responsive work environment
- At least two years of significant work experience in an applied research environment (i.e. research as a tool rather than an end). Research assistantships can count but we would prioritize individuals who have worked as full-time staff, rather than student interns on a short-term basis
- Strong proficiency in data management, such as cleaning, merging, coding and checking datasets for error and producing codebook
- Basic research skills, including ability to execute a research plan using basic descriptive inferential statistical techniques, such as frequencies, crosstabs, t-test, ANOVA, and linear regression
- Proficiency with statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, STATA, SAS, R). A willingness to learn SPSS is a plus. Ability and experience with use of syntax/commands to document and execute analysis is strongly preferred
CIRCLE encourages and is committed to training researchers with a diversity of backgrounds.
SEE FULL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS AND APPLY HERE