The January edition (v8.i1) of CIRCLE’s quarterly newsletter, Around the CIRCLE, can be downloaded from here. The newsletter includes a variety of articles including:
- CIRCLE’s Work on the Civic Engagement of Non-College Youth: A Summary
- New Research on the Effectiveness of Political Discussion in K-12 Civic Education
- Special Report: Civic Skills and Federal Policy
- 2010 Reports Present Strengths and Weaknesses of States’ Civic Health
- Building the Youth Vote is About Building Infrastructure
Enclosed in the issue, CIRCLE is pleased to provide a copy of the Special Report “Civic Skills and Federal Policy.” This report is the result of a meeting convened by CIRCLE, scholars, civic leaders, and federal officials. The purpose of this meeting was to develop a federal policy agenda for civic skills. The conference was co-sponsored by the Campaign for the Civic Mission of Schools and Strengthening our Nation’s Democracy (SOND) and took place in Washington DC in April 2010.
If you would like to receive a hardcopy of CIRCLE’s quarterly newsletter, please send an email to Surbhi Godsay at Surbhi.Godsay@Tufts.edu with your address.